Instead of writing the standard autobiography profile on this blog, I would like to take some time every now and then to give you:
5 Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. My two absolute most favorite things to do in the world are nap and eat chocolate chip cookies (favorites being Chips Ahoy or Entenmann's) but sadly, I cannot partake in either on a regular basis. Because of the demands of a non-stop preschooler, and oh, a job, napping is an elusive lover, slipping behind large primary colored plastic toys and rarely finding its way to my couch on a Saturday afternoon. As for the chocolate chip cookies, I had to put out a restraining order against them because I have been known to HOUSE an entire box of Entenmann's in one sitting. I'm in my thirties, the metabolism just ain't what it used to be, and I don't want to be on the next episode of Inside Brookhaven Obesity Clinic being medi-vac'd out of my home.
2. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Before you go and think I’m all bragging about my brilliance, I will let you in on a little secret - I dropped Trigonometry my senior year and took Interior Design, so that probably helped.
3. Another testament to my brilliance and academic motivation - I failed a class in college. Yes, an actual F for the class. I took an American Law class when I had acute dementia and thought I might actually want to be a lawyer. I didn't realize at the time that becoming a lawyer would require me to read cases of law jargon prescribed only for an insomniac.
4. I hate the winter. Unless it involves a 4 month vacation to a tropical island full of chocolate chip cookies and naps. Other than that, complete waste of 4 months of my life.
5. I met Donnie Wahlberg from New Kids on the Block when I was 16. I could have died after that moment, but I'm glad I didn't because looking back on it, I would have missed out on a lot of better things than meeting Donnie Wahlberg, like eating more chocolate chip cookies and more blissful napping hours. But at that moment, I cried as if I'd seen the image of the Virgin Mary in my toile fabric during Interior Design class.
Check back often for more fascinating facts. But now it's your turn – tell us something about yourself!