Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We interrupt this program for a special news announcement…

Monkey Man ate his dinner last night! And we got in some major nutritional components – Iron, Protein, Vitamin C, Oh My! Top that off with a belly rub and an, “Mmmmm!” What was my culinary delight that won a belly rub? Pizza Meatloaf (vegetarian) Muffins and salad made with baby spinach – spinach, SPINACH! That alone made my day. But I can’t help but wonder, “Will those vitamins last him 6 weeks until he decides to eat a well balanced meal again?”

4 comments:

captain corky said...

Awesome. Max will still eat anything we put in front of him. We just started feeding him beef and chicken. He gagged a little at first. I was worried that he wasn't my kid for a second. ;)

Patti said...

Monkey Man is eating better than I am :-) It's awfully impressive that you can get him to salad with SPINACH in it!!

Terry Stynes said...

I think monkey man is dying for a pizza to be honest. ;o)

youarekiddingme said...

Captain Corky - enjoy the days when they eat anything. I remember when Monkey Man ate SWEET POTATOES AND GREEN BEANS AND SQUASH with such abandon I just beamed proudly like, "Yeah, that's my kid. He loves vegetables." Then they turn into toddlers. And they grow their own brains. Have Fun with that!

Patti - As for the spinach, I told him he was eating leaves. He thought that was pretty cool considering we were just raking that day. Of course, I needed to explain to him that these are the leaves we eat only after we wash them. The evil word SPINACH never came into the conversation! Shhhh...

Terry - His 5 food groups are: pizza, cheese sandwich, pancake, banana, cupcakes. He knows all too well what pizza is! (In fact, he just had one tonight, not the pizza place variety as usual but it was homemade and I snuck some pureed squash into the sauce. Aren't I awful?!)