Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Dirty Little Secret



I put my sneakers on this morning in the usual spot, the tiled front entry. After I put them on, I realized that I didn’t have my keys so I started walking to grab them. I am a staunch believer in no shoes on in the house, but since I’m the one that cleans, I allow myself to break my own rule. However, I noticed all kinds of dirt on the creamy blush tile so I stopped dead in my tracks before trekking through 2 rooms to get my keys.  I was enraged!  "WHO dragged all this dirt into the house?" I wailed.

I inspected more carefully, then ever so sweetly asked my dear 17 year-old to please get my keys from the kitchen because somehow there was dirt on my shoes. When he came back with the keys, I realized where the dirt had come from and I announced, “Oh! It's from the mulch - I forgot I was watering the plants earlier.”

And without missing a beat, he sarcastically announced MY famous line, “I JUST cleaned the floors!”

Well done, son. Well done.

No comments: