Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Heaven Forbid!

Monkey Man: "Why can't we get a cat?"
Me: "Because I'm very allergic to them. We will never have a cat in this house."
Monkey Man: "Can I get a cat when you go to Heaven and I'm with daddy?"

Okay, let me stop here. Before you think there is something wrong and I'm sick, I am not. If I didn't have 9 bajillion conversations with Monkey Man already about Heaven, this statement might have caused me panic. Like, seriously kid, do you know something I don't? Do you have some creepy, clairvoyant bizarre kid in a horror movie thing going on? Because I totally love that in a horror movie, but not sitting next to me on my couch. Monkey Man has asked us a lot about Heaven since his great grandma passed away last November, so I knew where this was coming from. So my simple answer was:

"Yes, you can get one when you're with daddy." It'll be one less thing I'll have to deal with.

No comments: