Sunday, April 3, 2022

This is Me




My brain has been driving in 50 different directions lately. Of course, this isn’t unusual for a mom, a full-time working mom, wife, daughter, dog mom, anxiety-filled 40-something year old with a mortgage, a kid with a new license going to college in 16 months (oh my God, oh my God). 

About a month ago, I thought I’d try my hand at affiliate marketing. I wanted to weave my love of writing with marketing stuff that I currently own and direct my followers to some website to buy the things I love, and in turn, maybe make a few bucks. Turns out, I’m just not that person. 

Now, I love those people. I follow those people and they direct me to buy all kinds of things I love and don’t need. But when I really started to think about it, it’s just not me. I will not model in front of a mirror trying to convince the masses that a dress looks cute while popping a knee for the perfect shot. What I will do is make funny faces when I know someone is taking a picture. THAT'S me. 

You know what else I will do? I will use all my snark and 40-something wisdom to write about topics that are important to us. By us, I mean moms in the middle. We’re preparing our kids to leave the nest while caring for aging parents; scoffing at Mom Jeans because we did it the first time but have no idea what jeans to actually wear; perfectly content to go to bed at 10 on a Saturday night but forced to stay up until our teenager arrives safely home. 

Please join me on this wild ride, comment and share your ups, downs and in-betweens of this stage of life.



No comments: