Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day!



I’m happy to say I got my whole To Do List checked off today and boy was it a doozy:
  1. Wake up late – 10:45
  2. Go out to breakfast with husband and Monkey Man – more like lunch, but that works, too!
  3. Shop for new clothes – almost 2 hours by myself, I only found a few t-shirts at the Gap, but I was ALONE so it doesn’t matter.
  4. Work out – I planned on about an hour, but the day went by and Monkey Man was having yet another one of THOSE days. I only got a walk in with the dog.
  5. DON’T cook dinner – ordered pizza and ate in with hubby and Monkey Man.
  6. Get dessert with the boys – ice cream!

Now that is my kind of To Do List! Thank you to my wonderful husband for giving me such a fun, relaxing day. Thank you Monkey Man for giving me a reason to celebrate this day! Extreme crankiness due to lack of napping these days aside, I love you to the moon and back.

I wish you all a Happy Mother’s Day – and for those of you who aren’t moms, I wish your moms a wonderful day wherever they might be. Near or far, your mom is thinking of you and loving you! Even if you are 3 years-old and having a terrible, horrible, rotten, no good kind of day. We're moms and we're good like that.

3 comments:

captain corky said...

Happy Mother's Day. Sounds like you had a great day.

Burfica said...

Happy Mothers day to you too, and I love the pic of the family!!!

I'm gonna get me a to do list like that one. yayyyyyyyyyy

Sarahviz said...

Thanks for visiting me in the Trenches! We had ice cream (mmmm...cake batter!) on Mother's Day too.