Friday, May 9, 2008

Having a Dental Breakdown

3 years-old and 2 cavities. This was our news today. I swear on Rick Springfield, chocolate chip cookies, naps, and all that is good and right in this world that we have been brushing this kid’s teeth since there were no teeth and only gums. Bye-bye college savings fund - Hello fillings, root canals, bridges, and all the horrendous dental things that I have yet to experience. Fine, I’m getting a little ahead of myself and thinking the worst, but in my tooth-obsessed mind, this is pretty bad. I guess it doesn’t help that Monkey Man is rather non-compliant during our brushing sessions. But I’m going to just blame it on my husband and his dentally challenged genes – the poor guy has had more dental procedures in his life than Michael Jackson has had plastic surgery nips and tucks. Fortunately for me, my husband looks good after his dentist visits. MJ, not so much.

No comments: