Saturday, April 9, 2011

Word of the Day: Meandering

I went to the mall today. Hubby is away for work and Monkey Man is spending the weekend at my parents’ house. This means that I had unlimited time to spend doing whatever I wanted to do. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

While at the mall, I meandered. Normally when I’m at the mall without Monkey Man, I feel like I have to rush. Even if Hubby says, “Don’t rush,” I feel like I have to get in and out as quickly as possible. But tonight? I meandered. Store to store I went, trying on things, buying nothing, but taking as long as I wanted. I did buy clothes for Monkey Man, but for me? Nada. I see lots of cute clothes I like on other people, but I am deficient in buying my own clothes. I wasn’t always like this. I think once I hit my thirties, I feel like things are either too “teeny bopper” or “too old” and I cannot find something in between. It’s frustrating and annoying and I waste too much time trying.

But, at least for tonight, I wandered with no deadlines, no one waiting for me at home. Lord & Taylor, JCPenney, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Children’s Place, Gap, NY & Company…they all saw a more peaceful, meandering mom tonight. Then I went home and had a healthy dinner of pita chips.

No comments: