My obsession gave to me:
A concert necessity check list.
Things I need for the Rick concert, which, by the way, is TOMORROW!
- A babysitter – Thank you, Poppy and Aga, for not only loving Monkey Man and taking care of him, but for enabling my addiction.
- 4 tickets – one for me, one for my husband, one for the Rick Virgin, and one for her husband. I will be obsessively checking my bag throughout the car trip to make sure all are present and accounted for.
- Directions to
Oyster Bay– oh, not only do I have directions, I have 3 sets! One from Google, one from Mapquest (this one is most likely to get us lost but I have it just in case), and one from the FOTA website. Note to self: Ask Santa for a GPS this year.
- An email from a college friend who grew up on
Long Islandsuggesting places near the venue to eat, drink and be merry pre-show.
- Bug Spray – I’m hearing it’s buggy at the Planting Fields so I’ll have to make a run to the store tomorrow morning.
- 3 cameras – my new Canon, my old Sony Cybershot as a backup, and for the first time, my video camera. I knew there was a reason for dragging the hubbies along!
- My Success Hasn’t Spoiled Me Yet album for me and Working Class Dog album for the Rick Virgin plus a Sharpie for each of us.
- Monkey Man’s Buzz Lightyear spinning light-up thing – seriously, how could Rick resist giving the Human Touch to a mom using her son’s toy to lure a Rock Star to her? I’m shameless.
- A good night’s sleep – but that’s not really possible because on this Rick Concert Eve, I am like a child waiting for Santa!
Good night and Merry Rickmas!